Friday, November 9, 2007

Wine tasting at Tasting World

Attended a wine tasting tonight. It was a group of about 35, everyone brought a bottle. I picked up this one pictured above, but I wasn't so crazy about it. The one I liked the best was the Salla & Mosca Cannonau di Sardegna Riserva 2004. It is flowery, spicy, soft and subtle. The bouquet was beautiful and perfume-like, I wouldn't mind smelling like this wine. The taste was dimensional with a nice length. I love a good length! Best of all, Union Square Wines sells it for $12.99! I'll be right over USQ!!
It is a bit overwhelming sampling 35 wines, spitting was an absolute necessity for me but I didn't see too many other people spit, so I am assuming there are 34 people in NYC with some hefty hangovers. Me? I got too much to do this weekend to nurse a hangover; I am testing recipes for Thanksgiving! It will be my second Thanks but my first with a proper table for peeps to sit around. I am very psyched for the day (and will be a furious cooking maniac till then).

No comments: