Friday, November 9, 2007

Citizen Cope

Lisa and I drove up to Peekskill after work last night to go see Citizen Cope. It was a great show in a tiny venue. He played a really long set, mostly solo, and at times accompanied by a percussionist and a keyboardist.

It is great to see such a talented musician in a small venue. It is almost as if I have retained a modicum of my former hipness, like back in the day when I used to see brilliant little-known musicians at CBGB's or Danceteria or The World.

AaahhhhOld.

At some point I did have to stick a bit of tissue in my ear. Not because the sound was too loud, but to mute out the horsefaced girl in row N who spend much of the night professing her love for Cope. "I love you Clarence". Boy, I wish I had audio so you could hear my mocking tone.

Other than that, a fabulous show. I am thinking I will zip down to Philly for the Dec 29th gig! Anybody, anybody?

No comments: