Sunday, December 2, 2007

A German Feast at Rolf's

I went to a holiday outing with my hiking group to Rolf's German restaurant and ordered this delicious sausage platter with a side of spazele. Not everyone was as happy as I was with their meal but I was ecstatic and came home with lunch for tomorrow. I mean really, is there anyway to eat four sausages in one sitting. That sausage there on the right is a knockwurst and when I was a kid it was my absolute favorite dinner. Then I foolishly became a vegetarian for twenty years and was estranged from by beloved wurst. Well, I'm back baby and cholesterol be damned.
Here is a good rule of thumb (I wonder why they call it that), if ordering in a German restaurant, order the German dishes. Don't get the salmon. That pretty much holds true for any restaurant. To expand on that rule, don't trust restaurants that specialize in a cuisine and then put generic things on the menu to please all, at least not in NYC. so not everyone was happy with the food and the price didn't help the situation either but how else would Rolf's pay for these insane holiday decorations. The entire place manic with Christmas spirit. So much so that at one point the fuse blew and the place when half dark.

If you look closely at this picture you can see our dinner table, cool huh?






No comments: